Sunday, November 18, 2012

Game night with Julie, Teresa, Eric and Mike

A few years ago, we had a game night - dinner, followed by playing board games - with some friends from work. It was a lot of fun, and I've been meaning to do a follow-up since. It finally came together - after some negotiation around everyone's busy schedule, it was set for November 17th. It was pretty much the same group as last time - Julie, Teresa and Eric, but with the addition of Eric's new partner, Mike, and my partner Michael.

I made a set of new place mats from burlap in the afternoon:


Then I set the table for dinner:


The guests arrived at six - I made a large bowl of salad, and three different pizzas, and we started opening bottles of wine:


Dessert was brownies, baked by Julie, with vanilla bean ice cream and rote grutze I made for the first time. After dinner we played games and had a good time, until about 11, when the last of the guests left.




No comments: